Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I want my butterbeer!

I am a Universal Orlando Season Pass Holder. I can’t afford Disney. But one thing that I’m pretty darn amped about is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal coming in late 2009. One of the small joys of living in Central Florida is that if you like cheesy stuff like Harry Potter or Super Heroes or Cuddly Little Bears All Stuffed with Fluff there is pretty much always something “exciting” going on somewhere in town.

Unlike the giant wheel they are plopping in the middle of tourist-drive, this is a GREAT idea. Harry Potter is full of rich, vibrant characters, stories, and places—what would make a better Island at Island of Adventures!? So cool.

There is an undisclosed state-of-the-art ride experience planned for the new Island of Adventure. I do not know what this means. It better not stink. I don’t like to be disappointed, and I’m not sure if I ever thought anything at a theme park was as cool as I think this project is. If it’s a stationary simulator ride, I’ll be very sad. Will it be a roller coaster? Hmmm… I read today that they shut down the kiddie-ride that was in the area they are using for the island. What counts as state-of-the-art anymore? Ideas?

All I know is it’s not every day you can buy yourself some butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks…I’m so there.

Read about the Wizarding World Here.

No comments: